doTERRA’s new hair line is here! This is a product line that is two years in the making!
Let’s chat hair care.
What do you wash your hair with? Do you use whatever is on sale? Whatever is the cheapest? Out of curiosity, I looked Pantene up on EWG, they rate a 5 on most of their products. The products are rated on a scale of 1- 10, 10 being most toxic.
What’s the big deal with what we use to wash our hair anyway?
Your scalp absorbs whatever you put on your head. Shampoo, conditioner, hair spray, dry shampoo, they all get into your bloodstream within seconds of applying it. Using chemical made products every day greatly increases your health-related risks.
I have loved dōTERRA‘s current hair care line but am THRILLED to try out the new hair care set. And even more exciting is the travel set so you never have to use the garbage in a hotel again!! These products rate 1-2 on the EWG rating, so it’s a great way to drastically reduce your daily exposure to toxins.
If you are trying to reduce your toxic load and add some real shine and nutrients to your hair, these are for you!
This haircare line is CLEAN!!!
The new hair care products include
- doTERRA Protecting Shampoo
- doTERRA Daily Conditioner
- doTERRA Leave in Conditioner
- Mini Travel Size Trio
No sulfates, silicones, parabens, phthalates, PEGs, synthetic fragrances or dyes, phenoxyethanol, formaldehyde or formaldehyde donors, petroleum, mineral oils, petroleum-derived ingredients, or propylene glycol. What we do put in our products are simple, clean ingredients from Mother Nature like quinoa protein, shea butter, coconut oil, and—of course—essential oils!!
Also, the Mini Travel Size, is TSA-approved, and the hair care products come in a translucent, waterproof, zippered bag. Convenient for your luggage, carry-on or gym bag. No more having to use the icky shampoos and conditioners in hotel rooms.
You can check out my video review of these products below.
Reasons conventional hair products can be harmful
- Parabens are linked to breast cancer
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is contaminated with the carcinogen 1,4 dioxane, it has also been shown to increase the risk of asthma attacks
- DMDM Hydantoin releases the carcinogen formaldehyde
- Synthetic fragrance clogs the lymphatic system and induces organ toxicity, it can also cause endocrine disruption
- Dimethicone is a silicone oil that forms a plastic like barrier on the scalp and traps bacteria, sebum, and impurities
- Many chemicals used in American hair products are banned in Europe
- The National Toxicology program found that mice who were exposed to diethanolamine developed liver and kidney failure
- Polyethylene Glycols has been classified as a developmental toxicant; meaning it can disrupt human development – it has also been linked to numerous types of cancer
- Triclosan shows signs of being an endocrine disruptor
This is what makes products suds. Sudsing doesn’t occur in nature and is often created by a chemical agent. There are dispensers that can make products suds, but often it is accomplished through a chemical agent. These chemical agents aren’t particularly toxic to humans, although some are, they can be irritants to many. The sudsing agents are toxic to aquatic life and since our hair products are washed down the drain it is best to use products that are safe for the entire ecosystem whenever possible.
These agents are found in conventional conditioner. Have you heard the phrase, “you can’t mix oil and water”? Well, conditioner is usually a mix of oil and water, emulsifiers are used to make the combination successful. They are also used to make the hair feel silky soft after conditioning. These agents have been shown to persist in the environment, instead of breaking down.
Preservatives are used to make products shelf stable and allow them to last for long periods of time without going rancid and they prevent the growth of bacteria, mold, yeast, and fungi. While preservatives are necessary, they are also tricky, and it is important to use the cleanest preservative possible. Many preservatives found in conventional have a range of toxicity issues for humans and the environment. Preservatives are used to kill things, after all and this means that many of them release toxins like formaldehyde, which is a known carcinogen.
doTERRA Protecting Shampoo
Really nice clean and light aroma feels tingly on the scalp. This shampoo won't strip your hair from its natural oils. The protecting shampoo is infused with Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and Spearmint essential oils and it is color safe.
- Gentle while still removing hard water minerals, pollutants, and styling product residue
- Quinoa protein helps strengthen and protect hair
- Nourishing and revitalizing
- Safe for colored treated hair
- Formulated for everyday use
- Leaves hair shiny, full of life, and restored
I recommend adding a couple drops of Rosemary oil to you shampoo to stimulate hair growth.
Check out this hair mask recipe below that uses Rosemary essential oil.
If you don't already have Rosemary essential oil, I recommend popping it into your cart when you order your new haircare products.
doTERRA Daily Conditioner
Same scent as the shampoo. This conditioner leaves my hair feeling so lightweight. I have fine hair that can easily be weighed down by hair products. The daily conditioner is also infused with Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree and Spearmint essential oils. It is de-frizzing and detangling.
- Rinses clean and leaves hair hydrated
- Strengthens and smooths hair, leaving it frizz free
- Preserves color vibrancy
- Leaves hair silky, without build up
doTERRA Leave in Conditioner
The aroma of this one is a little different, it is citrusy and inviting; it is not an overpowering scent though. The leave-in conditioner is infused with Wild Orange, Lime, Blue Tansy, and Magnolia essential oils and Osmanthus absolute……you will love the aroma!
- Helps protect hair from damage caused by heat styling
- Formulated for all hair types
- Is lightweight
- Detangles and softens
- Locks in moisture, detangles, and softens
- Easy to use spray
- Clean, no-rinse formula
- Free from harsh chemicals
- Leaves hair healthy and nourished
Use the Leave in Conditioner after washing and conditioning your hair. Towel dry your hair before spraying the leave in conditioner on but use before blow drying or heat styling.
Wholesale pricing for the whole hair care line is: 67.50
Wholesale pricing for the Mini Travel Trio is: 29.50
If you add this set to your Loyalty Rewards Program order, you can add it on for only $10!!!!
doTERRA has announced that they will not be discontinuing the Root to Tip Serum
from the original line, so if you love that product don't worry, you will still be able to purchase it.
I really am so excited for this collection! So far, my hair is loving it too. It feels weightless, it looks so shiny, and I love the smoothness of it.
Would you like to purchase doTERRA at wholesale?
Do you love recipes?
Me too! I am providing you with a free eBook that contains diffuser recipes for every month of the year. Sign up to receive your free copy of Diffuser Blends for Every Month below.
Other Articles You May Enjoy