Tea Tree essential oil is an astringent oil that supports a healthy immune system, clear skin, and is an excellent cleanser in your DIY cleaning products.
Tea Tree is an herbaceous oil with a clean and fresh aroma. It is an oil that is great for all things cleansing. Tea Tree is included in almost all the essential oil kits that doTERRA offers, because this is just one of those must have on hand oils to use whenever you need it.
“Tea Tree is the oil of energetic boundaries. It is a cleanser by nature, and it helps clear negative and energetic baggage. It specifically releases co-dependent and parasitic relationships.” (This quote comes from the Essential Emotions: 10th Edition Book
. All essential oils have both physical and emotional properties. This book is great for breaking down the emotional properties of each essential oil.)
In a previous article of mine, Co-Impact Sourcing with doTERRA | What Makes doTERRA Essential Oils Different
, I share the impact doTERRA had on the communities where each essential oil is sourced. doTERRA has a goal of positively tripling their impact by 2030. There are ten oils specifically that have the largest impact on the growers, distillers, and communities from which they are sourced – Tea Tree is one of those ten oils. In this article I will be sharing the uses, benefits, DIY ideas, and how you can help make a positive impact right from your home by purchasing Tea Tree essential oil.
Tea Tree essential oil, which is also known as Melaleuca, has been cherished for centuries by cultures across the world for its soothing effect on the skin and profound ability to promote clear breathing and healthy skin function. When added to your daily skincare routine, Tea Tree can serve as a powerful instrument for rejuvenating the skin and soothing uncomfortable irritations.
The Aborigines of Australia were among the first to use the leaves of the Melaleuca tree. They would apply the leaves directly to their skin to provide cooling relief or crush them and inhale the released oil to promote clear breathing. Just as the Aborigines first recognized the power of Tea Tree so long ago, the rest of the world is also awakening to the purifying and soothing properties of Tea Tree, which in turn has generated growing recognition and widespread use over the course of the past several years.
Tea Tree is a wonderful support when it comes to reducing the discomfort and unsightly appearance of minor skin irritations. It is also a marvelous agent for cleansing and purifying the skin, making it ideal for applying along with your facial cleanser or moisturizer or on sensitive skin after shaving. All these properties and more make it clear why Tea Tree is a bestseller.
In addition to being used to promote a healthy complexion, Tea Tree can also be used to keep your fingernails and toenails healthy and strong. Simply rub Tea Tree on your nails after showering and you’ll begin to notice a striking difference.
Tea Tree promotes healthy immune function by supporting your body in building its natural defenses. Tea Tree is also an excellent agent to protect against seasonal threats and can be used to purify areas throughout the home, including the air, by adding a few drops of Tea Tree to a spray bottle filled with water or by diffusing Tea Tree. Tea Tree is also used in the AromaTouch Technique as an immunity supporting oil. Our bodies are constantly bombarded by toxins that impair our natural ability to fight off illness. You can learn more about the AromaTouch Technique and how Tea Tree supports the immune system by reading: doTERRA AromaTouch Technique Training Kit Uses & Benefits.
My Experience with Tea Tree Essential Oil
I started using Tea Tree essential oil for breakouts I was experiencing on my face. I started by adding a drop of Tea Tree and Geranium to my face wash every night to help cleanse my skin; sometimes I would add a drop of Tea Tree to my moisturizer as well. If you are experiencing breakouts or have a teen that is, this might be a great thing to try to help clear those up. You can also use Tea Tree to spot treat blemishes or to treat eruptions you may be experiencing around your mouth. If Tea Tree doesn’t work try Melissa essential oil, it is a little rarer and more expensive so start with Tea Tree, but Melissa is a great alternative if you aren’t seeing results from Tea Tree.
Benefits and Uses
- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin.
- Diffuse throughout the home to help purify and freshen the air.
- Soothing to irritated skin.
- Promotes healthy immune function.*
- Tea Tree is great for scalp health – add a drop or two of Tea Tree to your shampoo and for a dry flaky scalp you can try really massaging the shampoo into your scalp. doTERRA’s shampoo contains Tea Tree if you want a product that already contains it.
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of Tea Tree essential oil onto affected area.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keep nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces as a cleansing and purifying agent.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser or moisturizer for added cleansing properties or apply to skin after shaving to prevent razor burn.
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats.
- Apply to the bottom of feet and inside shoes for a refresher.
DIY Ideas Using Tea Tree
Front Loader Washing Machine Cleaner
Peppermint and Tea Tree Foot Lotion
School Hair Spritz
After Shower Bathroom Cleaner
Daily Immunity Roller
Create an Emergency Kit with Tea Tree Touch
Keep Your Flowers Fresher Longer
Other DIY Ideas
Diffuser Blends Using Tea Tree
Behind the Bottle
People empowered with sourcing jobs:
- 38 permanent jobs
- 32 seasonal jobs
- 906 small farmers (including 405 women) and 1 large farmer.
- 8 permanent jobs
- 7 seasonal jobs.
Tea Tree is native to Australia. It thrives in sunny conditions and moist soil. In Australia, Tea Tree grows all through spring, summer, and autumn.
Parts of Kenya provide similar growing conditions to those in Australia that allow Tea Tree to Flourish. By also sourcing some of our Tea Tree from Kenya, we support smallholder farmers in rural areas of the country while still getting the best quality of essential oil.
Learn how doTERRA empowers small-scale farmers in Kenya through Co-Impact Sourcing.
The doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation has funded numerous projects in Kenya.
In 2021, these communities were supported by the following programs and initiatives:
- Days for Girls kits to 1,000 girls in Lunga Lunga
- 6000 people supported by water connection to Kiwegu
- 2000 students supported by water connection to Schools
- 12 students supported with scholarships. These scholarships support students in secondary school to pay for tuition and school expenses.
- 80 girls supported with Girls on Fire leadership training.
Projects in Kenya include:
- The construction of additional classroom and restroom facilities at Kiwegu Primary School.
- The construction of a school library, water storage, staff room, restrooms, and teacher living quarters at Mwamose Primary school, as well as providing scholarship support.
- The construction of Mwena River Bridge, which allows the community and school children to cross the local river.
- The construction of Majengo Mapya Kindergarten school.
- The construction of a community center.
- Indigenous culture and health trainings for 2,000 school children.
- Colobus Conservation, which provides education about and helps with the reforestation of indigenous trees.
- Mwamose Water Point—a community borehole and water tower.
- The Water Maintenance Trust Fund, which does ongoing research and maintenance on community water sources.
In addition to donations from the doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation, we have established a Community Development Fund in Kenya. For every kilogram of essential oil produced by its farmer cooperatives, a portion of revenue is set aside in a fund overseen by the cooperatives themselves to finance livelihood development projects at their discretion.
When you purchase Tea Tree essential oil from doTERRA you get to be a part of the positive impact doTERRA is making in Kenya and Australia. You get a say in where your money goes and be part of the Co-Impact Sourcing model. doTERRA allows you to participate in conscious consumerism when you purchase their essential oils.
No minimum or monthly purchase requirements to maintain wholesale pricing. Get more info and shop wholesale oils here. Check out the Blissed Mama Shop Page.
Are you interested in learning how to continue to live a toxin and chemical free life?
Sign up for my free eCourse below.
Other Articles You May Enjoy