The school year is among us, and we all want our kids to start healthy and strong! Now is the perfect time to stock up on some back-to-school essentials. The start of the school year can stir up many feelings and it also means your kids will be exposed to more germs and toxins throughout the day. doTERRA has all the natural products you need to help prepare and protect your children. doTERRA can help your kids mentally, physically, and emotionally as they head back to school.
In this article we will discuss:
- Supplementation for a healthy nutritional foundation
- Immune Support
- Diffuser tips for purifying the air
- Sleep blends
- Homework helper blends
- Blends to calm anxious feelings
- Non-toxic cleaning
- Healthy hair bonus tip
- Teacher tips
The key to staying healthy is proper nutrition and supplements. This is especially true for our kids as they head back to school and are exposed to more people and different germs. Luckily doTERRA carries a children's supplement line that is perfect for keeping them healthy and supporting their brains.
Start the day off right with Vitamins and Supplements
3 Supplements My Kid Takes Everyday
- IQ Mega
- A to Z Chewable
- PB Assist Jr.
- Promotes cardiovascular health
- Supports healthy joint function and comfort
- Provides important modulating nutrients for healthy immune function
- Protects against lipid oxidation and supports healthy functions of the brain
- Promotes healthy skin
- Supports healthy function of the eyes and nervous system
- Delivers 1,300 mg of pure, concentrated, molecularly filtered, and completely deodorized marine lipids with 900 mg DHA and 400 mg of EPA per daily serving.
My daughter loves this, she takes it right off the spoon and will remind me if I forget about it. Parenting hack: If your kiddo doesn’t love the taste of this as much as mine does, just add to juice.
- No high fructose corn syrup, artificial colors, sweeteners, or flavors.
- Contains a superfood blend that helps support overall health.
- Formulated with doTERRA’s proprietary Alpha CRS Blend.
- A balanced blend of essential vitamins including the antioxidant vitamins A, C, and E and a cellular energy complex of B vitamins.
- Includes a blend of bioavailable minerals including calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, and manganese.
PB Assist Jr
- Provides 5 billion live cells of 6 strains of friendly flora selected for their unique stability at room temperature.
- Ability to survive the harsh extremes of acidity, alkalinity, and digestive enzymes in the digestive system.
- In our gut, we have “good” bacteria, and we have “bad” bacteria and its always optimal to make sure that the good outnumber the bad.
Back to school is the season in which teachers, parents, and kids could all use a little immune boost.
On Guard Softgels
doTERRA On Guard Softgels combine the proprietary blend of doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend with Black Pepper, Oregano, and Melissa essential oils for additional immune support. doTERRA On Guard is a great way to strengthen and maintain healthy immune function when seasonal threats are high. This is not a supplement that we take daily, but it’s great to have on hand for time when your immune system needs extra support.
- On Guard protects against environmental and seasonal threats with essential oils known for their positive effects on the immune system when ingested.
On Guard Touch
- Helps minimize the effects of seasonal threats
- Provides an energizing, uplifting aroma
- Purifying to the skin
I call my house an ABD (always be diffusing) house. We always have the diffusers going in our home. doTERRA’s essential oils are not fragrance oils, they are Certified Therapeutic Grade essential oils. When you diffuse these oils, they not only smell amazing, but they have therapeutic properties. Each oil has unique properties, some are great for purifying the air, some calm anxious feelings, others help with sleep. A great tip as we head back to school is to kick off the morning with some invigorating blends or whatever you think your kid will need that day. Then at night diffuse oils that are calming and relaxing. Below are some suggestions for purifying the air, bedtime blends, homework helper blends, and blends to calm anxious feelings. By diffusing everyone in your home will get the benefits of the oils.
Blends for Purifying the Air
This blend contains the following ingredients: Wild Orange Peel, Clove Bud, Cinnamon Leaf, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Leaf, and Rosemary Leaf/Flower essential oils. OnGuard is doTERRA's protective blend. It has an energizing and uplifting aroma and supports healthy respiratory function. When diffused this blend helps purify the air. Diffuse this oil to keep the air in your home clean and for respiratory support of the whole family.
This blend contains the following ingredients: Litsea Fruit, Tangerine Peel, Grapefruit Peel, Frankincense Resin, Cardamom Seed. Air-X is designed to help freshen the air when diffused. Experimental research suggests that Litsea, an essential oil used in Air-X, soothes and promotes feelings of openness. Results from early research demonstrate Limonene, a major component found in Air-X, may provide cleansing benefits. Diffuse this throughout your home to keep the toxins your family is inhaling to a minimum.
Other blends I love:
Harvest Spice: this oil will make your home smell like you are baking a pie, but it also has air purifying properties.
Abode: this is great for cleaning day (any of the citrus oils will give your home a fresh clean smell as well)
Wild Orange and Peppermint: this is my favorite diffuser blend to get everyone’s brain to wake up.
Rosemary: this has been shown to support memory (would be great before school or while doing homework)
If there is one thing most people could use a little more of it is sleep. Our kids especially need sleep on school nights for their brains to function optimally at school. Check out some of the blends below to help with sleep. For more sleep tips you can also read my article, Top 10 Essential Oils to Get a Better Night's Sleep
- Specifically designed for more restful sleep
Lavender and Cedarwood
- This is a popular blend in our house.
- Roman Chamomile
- Add this to whatever blend you are diffusing to help with bad dreams
- Creates a restful atmosphere at bedtime
- Relaxing and positive aroma
- Soothing environment
Homework Helper Blends
- InTune is doTERRA's focus blend.
- This blend contains relaxing and uplifting aromas that make studying and working more delightful.
- You can apply this oil to the temples and back of the neck for your kids before they begin their homework.
- Fresh, invigorating aroma
- Designed with ingredients that may help with performing tasks
- Perfect as a part of your study-time routine
- Use as part of a tension-relieving massage
- Comforting and soothing to the skin
- Creates a cooling experience when applied topically
Blends to Calm Anxious Feelings
The first week back at school can be exciting and nerve wracking, for parents and kids. doTERRA has oils that can help manage those feelings.
- Children may have a difficult time expressing their big emotions. Every-day stressors can lead to feeling overwhelmed, anxious, tired, and irritable. Adaptiv is an amazing line that can help your little or big kids relax, promoting peace, and a restful night of sleep. The Adaptiv system is a toolbox to help the body and mind stay balanced during life’s stressful moments.
- Creates a calming atmosphere
- When diffused, provides a tranquil aroma
Fun story about balance: when my daughter was about 3-weeks old she was extremely fussy. My husband and I had tried all the parent things, changing diapers, feeding, rocking, shushing, and swaddling her, but she just wouldn’t calm down. I opened a bottle of Balance, placed it under her nose, and instantly she stopped crying.
- Invigorating aroma
- Beneficial with positive affirmations in stressful situations
- Creates a confident, courageous atmosphere
- Helps create a balanced atmosphere with the calming aroma
- Complements affirmations encouraging a grounded mood
- Apply over your heart to inspire gratitude
- The calming aroma may ease the effects of motion sickness
- Provides a soothing abdominal massage
- Promotes feelings of wellness and vitality
- Comforting to occasional skin irritations
- Soothing to the emotions during times of distress
When I was experiencing autoimmune health issues I learned about the ways that traditional cleaning products impact our bodies and weaken our immune systems.
OnGuard Cleaner Concentrate
- Contains rosemary, eucalyptus, wild orange, clove, and cinnamon essential oils.
- One bottle of doTERRA On Guard Concentrate Cleaner can make 12, 12 oz bottles of cleaner.
- To make an all-surface cleaner add 1 tablespoon to a 12 oz glass bottle and then fill it up with water. The directions on the bottle say to 2 tablespoons of the concentrated cleaner for 24oz, so for a 12 oz bottle you would use 1 tablespoon.
- You can use this to clean backpacks, bottoms of shoes, toys, and more.
- Read more on how to make household cleaners out of essential oils: How to Make Household Cleaners with Essential Oils
- A powerful cleanser that also supports healthy digestion, respiratory function, and mental focus.
- Beef up any of your non-toxic cleaners by adding Rosemary to them
On Guard Sanitizing Mist
- Kills 99.99% of germs and bacteria
- doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend provides an invigorating citrus spice aroma
- Infused with moisturizing apple extract
- Cleanses hands when soap and water are unavailable
- A convenient size for travel and on-the-go use
On Guard Sanitizing Hand Wipes
- On Guard Sanitizing Hand Wipes are made for your busy life on the go.
- Ideal for eliminating germs during daily activities or travel, the individually wrapped wipes fit easily in your car, purse, briefcase, backpack, or suitcase. Infused with the protective benefits of On Guard essential oil and aloe leaf extract, the wipes clean hands while being gentle on your skin and are even safe to use on little one’s hands.
DIY Hand Spray
2 tbsp of Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 tsp of Aloe Vera
20-30 drops of On Guard
2 tsp of Rubbing Alcohol
Mix all ingredients together in a 4 oz glass spray bottle. Shake bottle to mix all ingredients, spray on hands and rub together.
Healthy Hair Bonus Tip
This is a great recipe to repel those little bugs that kids often get in their hair from school. I spray this on my little ones hair every morning before school.
DIY Hair Repellent Spray
20 drops of Tea Tree
20 drops of Rosemary
20 drops of Lavender or Peppermint
Witch hazel and water
Mix all ingredients together in a 4 oz glass spray bottle, fill ½ with Witch Hazel, and ½ with water (can use all water if you prefer). Shake and spray on hair every morning.
You didn’t think I would end this post without giving the teachers some tips, did you? These tips will help you keep your immune system boosted and maintain a clean classroom.
Apply Your Oils
- Self-Care is so important for your physical and mental health.
- Apply oils like On Guard and Stronger to keep your immune system functioning optimally.
- Use oils like Adaptiv to combat any stress that may arise throughout the day.
Bring a Diffuser
- Diffusing is an excellent way to purify the air.
- This will also keep your classroom smelling amazing and help boost yours and your students’ moods, along with helping to keep students focused.
- Some of my favorite oils to have on hand are, On Guard, Breathe, Balance, Motivate, Wild Orange, and Peppermint.
5 drops of Eucalyptus
5 drops of Lavender
10 drops of Citrus Bliss
2oz of water
1.5 oz of witch hazel
Mix all ingredients together in a 4 oz glass spray bottle. Shake bottle and spray throughout the classroom.
Cleanse Spray – Use this for wiping down desks in your classroom.
16 oz of water
1 tablespoon of On Guard Cleaner Concentrate
15 drops of Lemon or Purify
Happy Back-to-School season! I hope this article helps you get off to a great new school year and helps you keep your family healthy.
Running out of ideas for diffuser blends? Sign up to receive your free copy of, Top Ten Diffuser Recipes. Most likely you will already have most of the oils used in this eBook already in your home. Sign up below.
Other Articles You May Enjoy