Want kissable soft lips or a fun DIY project to do with friends? Try making my super simple lip balm recipe using doTERRA’s new SuperMint Essential Oil. You can whip up these lip balms in around 10 minutes and they will leave your lips feeling tingly, soft, and slightly silky. You may never buy traditional ChapStick again after making these.
If you have made my Miracle Salve
before than you probably already have some of the ingredients used in this recipe.
DIY SuperMint Lip Balm Recipe
- Melt beeswax, cocoa butter, and coconut oil in double boiler.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in vitamin e and essential oils.
- Pour into lip balm containers and let cool completely before putting on lids.
- Apply to lips as needed.
Note: In the video, I said 20-30 drops of essential oil. This is perfect for the very mild Madagascar vanilla essential oil lip balms we typically make but it is a bit too tingly for our SuperMint version. I recommend starting with 4-6 drops of SuperMint in this recipe. One drop per small container gave me just the right minty sensation I was looking for while still feeling soothing. Of course you can adjust to your preference!
This SuperMint lip balm will leave your lips feeling fresh, tingly and silky smooth. Each inhale will feel like a cool winter's breeze! Peppermint has even been said to increase circulation and temporarily plump lips.
If you don't like the tingling sensation of mint or are looking for a more soothing lip balm, try using vanilla, lavender, or frankincense essential oils. Just avoid adding citrus oils to your favorite lip balm recipe because they can temporarily make your skin photosensitive (more prone to sunburn)
More About SuperMint
SuperMint is a refreshing clean blend of Peppermint, Japanese Mint, Bergamot Mint, and Spearmint. doTERRA offers the SuperMint Blend in three formulas: 15mL Essential Oil, 10mL Roller Bottle pre-diluted with fractionated coconut oil, and beadlets. SuperMint allows for better cooling and allows for better absorption of this blend by utilizing the whole plant. Menthol—the primary constituent of SuperMint—promotes a cooling sensation when inhaled, which may contribute to feelings of open airways. When applied to the skin during a massage, the cooling effect may be soothing and comforting. This synergistic blend helps freshen breath and can be taken internally to support a healthy digestive system. When diffused or used topically, SuperMint offers an invigorating, energizing aroma and an uplifting environment that’s ideal for mental focus and enhanced stamina.
SuperMint sourcing supports more that 16,000 farmers from Northern India through our Co-impact sourcing model. Many of these small-scale farmers no longer had a way to produce income because many conventional menthol products use synthetics. doTERRA wanted to help these farmers grow and develop while also creating a product that would provide intense cooling and be all natural; thus, SuperMint was born.
- Provides a cooling sensation
- Opens the airways
- Supports a healthy digestive system
- Supports mental clarity
- Soothes and comforts
How to Use SuperMint Essential Oil Blend
- Add a few drops of SuperMint to water for sweet digestive support.
- Place a drop under your tongue to freshen your breath.
- Massage gently into the abdomen for a soothing effect.
- Rub a few drops SuperMint between your hands and inhale deeply.
- Diffuse SuperMint for a crisp, clean aroma and invigorating atmosphere.
- Add to doTERRA Spa Hand and Body Lotion for a comforting massage.
How to Use SuperMint Touch Roll-On
- When used topically, SuperMint Touch cools the skin and provides an invigorating, energizing aroma.
- Roll on your pulse points for an invigorating, energizing aroma.
- Apply to the neck and wrists for a refresher throughout the day.
- Roll on your hands, cup them over your face, and inhale midday pick-me-up.
- Creates an atmosphere that may support mental clarity and enhanced stamina.
How to Use SuperMint Beadlets
- Dissolve one beadlets in your mouth to freshen breath.
- Chew four beadlets after meals to promote oral health.
- Use when traveling to ease occasional stomach upset.
- Carry the handy vial in a purse, backpack, or briefcase.
- May contribute to feelings of open airways.
- Eases occasional stomach upset.
Other DIY Recipes
SuperMint Bathroom Spray
SuperMint Hot Chocolate
SuperMint Mouthwash and Breath Spray
Do you want more diffuser recipes to make your house smell amazing this autumn?
Sign up below and get your FREE copy of the Fall Diffuser Blend Recipes eBook.
Other Articles You May Enjoy