Get ready for some delicious healthy desserts you will be snacking on all summer! My favorite of these treats is the peanut butter copaiba protein balls. This snack contains one of my favorite essential oils and dōTERRA’s incredible protein powder. If you haven’t tried the protein powder yet, this is your sign to get your hands on some and make this recipe. Whether you prefer whey or a vegan option, dōTERRA has both. These protein-packed treats are not only a tasty snack but also a great way to incorporate essential nutrients into your diet. Let's dive into the details and learn how to make these delightful Peanut Butter Copaiba Protein Balls!
Truth is, there’s a lot of contradictory and even outright false information floating around about nutritional wellness. We all know we need to get enough protein but sorting through all the different brands and types can be intimidating. This is why dōTERRA decided to carry their mission to Pursue What’s Pure into supplemental nutrition products.
Modern day diets tend to fall short in certain areas when it comes to providing your body with the amount of nutrients it needs to fuel itself properly. To combat this dōTERRA created a protein powder that is specifically formulated to fill in the gaps between what we take in through our diet and what our bodies need.
Protein is necessary for:
- building muscle
- helping the body recover after workouts
- managing appetite
- supporting a healthy immune system response
- providing the body with energy and stamina to perform functions like building cells
In addition, dōTERRA’s protein is sugar free, keto friendly, and high protein/low carb diet friendly. A traditional American diet is filled with sugar and reducing that sugar intake is vital in improving overall health.
dōTERRA currently offers two types of protein
- Whey Protein
- Vegan Protein
dōTERRA Whey Protein
dōTERRA Whey Protein is a premium protein blend sourced from pasture-fed cows, providing 21 grams of high-quality protein per serving. It is designed to help you meet your recommended daily protein intake, supporting optimal body function. Whey protein is known for its complete amino acid profile, making it a highly nutritious option. One of the advantages of dōTERRA Whey Protein is its easy digestibility, without causing gas or bloating. Each serving also includes 7 grams of fiber, promoting healthy digestion and assisting with appetite management. Formulated without GMOs, gluten, soy, and RBST hormone, dōTERRA protein powder upholds the company's commitment to quality and a healthy lifestyle. It is naturally sweetened with monk fruit and stevia, and you can choose from chocolate or vanilla flavors.
Both flavors taste phenomenal. My daughter reports that the chocolate one tastes like melted chocolate ice cream. Her favorite combination is either the chocolate or vanilla whey. We blend up one scoop of either flavor with frozen blueberries, half a banana, a little bit of frozen spinach (per her request), and almond milk.
dōTERRA Vegan Protein
For those following a vegan or plant-based lifestyle, dōTERRA offers an excellent solution with their Vegan Protein. This plant-sourced protein powder combines pea, brown rice, pumpkin seed, sacha inchi, and flaxseed to deliver a comprehensive amino acid profile. With 21 grams of protein per serving, dōTERRA Vegan Protein ensures you receive the essential nutrients necessary for overall well-being. Similar to the whey protein option, it contains 7 grams of fiber to support digestion and manage appetite. dōTERRA Vegan Protein is free from GMOs, gluten, and soy, making it suitable for various dietary needs. It is also naturally sweetened with monk fruit and stevia, providing a delicious taste.
I have tried a lot of plant-based proteins in my day and I will tell you this is by far the best tasting plant protein I've ever had. That being said, the whey protein in my opinion does taste better and it's creamier, but for my friends who can’t digest dairy properly or who chose not to eat dairy this is the perfect option for you.
I have some dairy sensitivities and try to keep my dairy intake low, so I have been using the plant-based protein powder. What I've been mixing for myself every morning is a combination of one scoop of the plant-based protein powder, ice, almond milk, half a banana, peanut butter (can't go wrong with peanut butter), and a little bit of cocoa powder since the plant based only comes in vanilla. It tastes almost like a banana, chocolate, peanut butter, milkshake. It tastes like dessert! Who doesn't love that?
Now for the star of the show…
Peanut Butter Copaiba Protein Balls Recipe
Now, let's move on to the mouthwatering recipe for Peanut Butter Copaiba Protein Balls, which incorporates doTERRA protein powder.
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 scoop (approximately 1/3 cup) of dōTERRA protein powder (choose your preferred variant)
- 1 1/4 cups of almond meal
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup of honey (or maple syrup)
- 1-2 drops of dōTERRA Copaiba essential oil
- In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter, dōTERRA protein powder, almond meal (or powdered milk), and chia seeds.
- Stir in the honey (or maple syrup) until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add 1-2 drops of dōTERRA Copaiba essential oil to the mixture.
- Mix thoroughly until the ingredients form a cohesive dough.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, approximately the size of a medium truffle.
- Place the peanut butter Copaiba protein balls in the refrigerator or freezer to set.
- Enjoy these protein-packed treats whenever you desire a delicious and nutritious snack.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
To maintain freshness, store the peanut butter Copaiba protein balls in the refrigerator or freezer. They make a delightful frozen treat, especially during warm weather. The batch yields around 20 medium-sized balls, but you can adjust the size to make more or fewer, depending on your preference. These protein balls can be enjoyed on their own as a quick and satisfying snack, or they can be included as a part of your post-workout routine.
Variations and Tips
Experiment with different flavors of dōTERRA protein powder, such as chocolate or vanilla, to add a delicious twist to your protein balls. If you have dietary restrictions or preferences, feel free to substitute ingredients as needed. For example, you can use almond butter instead of peanut butter, or opt for a different sweetener like maple syrup or agave nectar. I did try to use less honey in this recipe to cut down on the sweetness, but since that is the only liquid being used in this recipe it didn’t turn out as expected, so I recommend adding more peanut butter if you choose to cut down on the honey. Get creative with add-ins! Consider incorporating ingredients such as dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruits, or shredded coconut to enhance the flavor and texture of your protein balls.
- dōTERRA Protein Powder
- Copaiba Essential Oil
- Chia Seeds
dōTERRA Protein Powder
With dōTERRA Protein Powder, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious snack that supports your protein intake and overall well-being. Whether you choose the whey or vegan option, dōTERRA ensures high-quality ingredients without compromising on taste. The Peanut Butter Copaiba Protein Balls recipe showcases the versatility and benefits of dōTERRA protein powder, providing a convenient and enjoyable way to incorporate protein into your diet. Give this recipe a try and experience the goodness of these protein-packed treats.
Chia seeds are full of fiber, Omega 3, and even a little bit of protein. I also like to make chia seed pudding and will mix in about a tablespoon of dōTERRA Protein Powder per serving. You can find chia seeds at any grocery store, Costco, or Amazon.
Copaiba Essential Oil
Copaiba is great at helping to balance the nervous system and supports emotional Wellness. It has similar properties to CBD oil. It contains a high concentration of beta-caryophyllene, a natural compound also found in certain cannabis plants and CBD oil. Some people prefer this to CBD oil and have said they experience better results from Copaiba. For anyone who is unable to use CBD oil for personal, religious, or professional reasons, Copaiba is an excellent choice. To learn more about the benefits of Copaiba essential oil check out my article: Why Copaiba Essential Oil is Essential to Your Wellness Routine.
Other Flavor Packed Goodness
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Balls
Gluten-Free Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
Blissful Protein Brownies
Overnight Banana Oats
Raw Vanilla Protein Balls
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 10 large dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (split in half)
- 1 scoop doTERRA Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons water
How to Make
- Place the cashews in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and combine for about 30 seconds until everything is well blended with few large bits left
- Place the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes, so that the mixture is easier to form into balls
- Pour the rest of the coconut flakes into a bowl. Form the mixture into balls in your hands and then drop into the coconut, toss to coat, and place on a plate
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before eating or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Raw Chocolate Protein Balls
- 1 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut (as topping)
- 2 cups Pitted Dates
- 2 tablespoons Raw Cocoa powder
- 1 scoop doTERRA Chocolate Whey Protein
- 1/2 cup Almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
How to Make:
- In the food processor, add almonds and pulse until they are finely chopped (make sure not to pulse too long or they will turn into a paste).
- Add dates, coconut, cocoa powder, whey protein and vanilla extract. Continue to pulse the mixture for about 2-3 minutes (scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed) or until the mixture easily holds together and sticks to the bowl.
- Measure out 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture. Roll into a ball and flatten.
Place an almond in the middle or pieces of dates if you enjoy that
- Scoop another 1/2 tablespoon of the date mixture on top and roll into balls.
- Roll the ball into the bowl of shredded coconut topping or raw cocoa powder. Repeat with rest of mixture.
- Store the energy bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
To make these protein balls keto, replace the dates with a liquid sweetener (Lakanto Sugar or Free Maple Syrup)
Raw Plant Protein Balls
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup dry pitted dates
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 scoop doTERRA Plant Protein Powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 drop doTERRA Cassia or Cinnamon oil (if that is too strong use the toothpick method or use a sample bottle which equals to about 1/4 drop)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (Vegans can use Enjoy Life brand)
How to make:
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor and pulse several times until oats are finely chopped
- Slowly add water until the mixture sticks
- Hand mix in the chocolate chips and form mixture into balls
- Store up to 2 weeks in the fridge
- Mix up the recipe, omit cocoa powder for a lighter version, replace with other ingredients to your liking
- Add coconut flakes or seeds as toppings
With dōTERRA Protein Powder, you can enjoy a delicious and nutritious snack that supports your protein intake and overall well-being. dōTERRA ensures high-quality ingredients without compromising on taste. I hope these recipes show you how versatile this protein powder is.
Stress Buster, Morning Bliss, and Immune Support are three things I can use more off as a busy mom. Luckily, I have a specific roller bottle for each of those things and I can easily apply them as I am driving my daughter to school each morning. If you want to make your own roller bottle blends with those recipes plus 12 other recipes, grab my free eBook below.
Other Articles You May Enjoy