- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Taken internally, Lavender reduces anxious feelings and promotes peaceful sleep*
- Helps ease feelings of tension.*
Application: A T I N
Extraction Method: Steam distillation
Aromatic Description: Powdery, floral, light
Main Chemical Components: Linalool, linalyl acetate
Plant Part: flower
Lavender is one of the most versatile and cherished doTERRA essential oils. With an unmistakable aroma and innumerable health benefits, Lavender is a must-have essential to keep on hand for anything from reducing anxious feelings to promoting restful sleep. Because of its incredibly light and flowery nature, Lavender is an oil that denotes the essence of softness. This deeply soothing essential oil has been cherished for centuries for its multitude of beneficial properties that have brought and continue to bring natural relief and comfort to people across the ages.
Lavender has been used since ancient times, dating clear back to the Egyptians and Romans, for such purposes as creating restorative baths, unwinding and relieving stress at the end of the day, cooking up flavorful dishes, and even as a natural perfume. Freshen any of your linens, whether they be in your closet or on your bed, with a few drops of Lavender to engender a hint of calm that you’ll want to breathe in deeply at every opportunity.
But the aromatically delicious aroma of Lavender is good for more than simply smelling nice. Aromatic applications of this precious essential oil have unbounded health benefits in regard to promoting sleep, soothing restlessness, and relieving tension and anxious feelings. Apply and spritz Lavender on your pillow or pajamas for an aroma that will inspire restful sleep from the moment you start getting ready for bed. Lavender is also great for diffusing tension during the daytime and is a common ingredient in blends designed to relieve stressful feelings and restore a sense of calm and trust.
Beyond soothing tired eyes and restless minds, Lavender is also great for the skin and the hair. Use a few drops to soothe minor skin irritations or relieve uncomfortable sensations brought on by mosquito bites. For luscious locks and lashes, add a few drops of Lavender to your shampoo and mascara. And, for a tasty twist on sweet-tooth satisfaction, add a few drops of Lavender to your favorite brownie recipe for a chocolatey invigoration unlike anything you’ve known before.
- Add a few drops of doTERRA Lavender essential oil to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet at bedtime.
- Keep a bottle of Lavender on hand to soothe occasional skin irritations.
- Take internally to reduce anxious feelings.*
- Use in cooking to soften citrus flavors and add a flavorful twist to marinades, baked goods, and desserts.
- Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities.
- Reduces appearance of skin imperfections.
- Helps to ease feelings of tension.*
- Add a few drops of Lavender to pillows, bedding, or bottoms of feet for a restful night’s sleep.
- Freshen your linen closet, mattress, car, or the air with a light mist of Lavender combined with water in a spray bottle.
- Add to bath water to soak away stressful feelings or apply to the temples and the back of the neck.
- Take internally for a peaceful sleep.*