Lemon Eucalyptus is the oil of protected space. When you think Lemon Eucalyptus think about all things cleansing. It has many topical cleansing benefits, can be used to repel pests, and can be used to cleanse surfaces.
In a previous article of mine, Co-Impact Sourcing with doTERRA | What Makes doTERRA Essential Oils Different
, I share the impact doTERRA had on the communities where each essential oil is sourced. doTERRA has a goal of positively tripling their impact by 2030. There are ten oils specifically that have the largest impact on the growers, distillers, and communities from which they are sourced – Lemon Eucalyptus is one of those ten oils. In this article I will be sharing the uses, benefits, DIY ideas, and how you can help make a positive impact right from your home by purchasing Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil.
About Lemon Eucalyptus
“Lemon Eucalyptus is the oil of protected space. Lemon Eucalyptus creates a protected space around individuals, it is a powerful cleanser of energetic debris.” This quote comes from the Essential Emotions: 10th Edition Book
Also listed in the book is how to use Lemon Eucalyptus for negative or positive properties and what oils to combine it with. This book has all the emotional benefits of each oil and can be purchased here. Whenever my house starts feeling heavy or I am in a funk I will diffuse this oil. If you are not fond of the aroma, you can combine it with a citrus oil and your house will smell amazing.
Lemon Eucalyptus does not smell like lemon or eucalyptus, instead it smells like Citronella and a citrus oil had a baby. Speaking of Citronella, Lemon Eucalyptus oil is high in cleansing citronellal and citronellol.
Benefits and Uses
- Refreshing and cleansing to the air
- Uplifting and invigorating aroma
- Cleansing to surfaces and skin
- Add to a spray bottle to cleanse surfaces and refresh any room.
- Diffuse to encourage a positive environment with a bright, fresh scent.
- Add one to two drops to the palm of your hands, rub together, and inhale to uplift and brighten your day.
- During your skin care routine, add one to two drops of Lemon Eucalyptus oil to your favorite doTERRA skin cleanser.
- Blend three to four drops in Fractionated Coconut Oil for a soothing, uplifting massage.
One of my favorite uses for Lemon Eucalyptus is putting it in either my Roam or Pilot diffuser and using it outside to repel mosquitos. The Roam and Pilot diffuser are both portable, wireless diffusers, so they are easy to use outdoors. Read more about all doTERRA’s diffusers here.
Try some of these diffuser recipes:
Lemon Eucalyptus is one of the oils in Abode. I have a previous article on the Abode cleaning line with doTERRA that you can read here
. The Abode oil was designed by taking the most potent cleansing oils that got rid of the 5 most common household bacterium types – normally we would resolve to using bleach to get rid of these bacterium types in our homes. Those potent oils were used to create the Abode blend.
DIY Ideas Using Lemon Eucalyptus
One of my favorite DIY cleaning products that I like it make is soft scrub, check out the recipe below for more details on how to make it.
If you are a fan of the aroma, you can add Lemon Eucalyptus to your dryer balls or make your own room spray.
Candida is a fungus in our bodies, fed by sugar. It can become overgrown with exposure to too much sugar, alcohol, or stress. Lemon Eucalyptus is good at breaking down the biofilm of candida to help the body eliminate it. This can be used on your feet if you pick up funk from using walking barefoot in public showers or it can be used on your toenails for any bacteria you might acquire from nail salons. Just add a few drops to a basin of water and soak your feet in it for a few minutes each day or use about 20 drops in a roller bottle with fractionated coconut oil and rub on your feet. If you are trying to eliminate candida throughout your body, try applying Lemon Eucalyptus to your spine. If you want to go deeper and do a full cleanse, read my article, 30 Day Cleanse: Get ready to GLOW, increase vitality and feel AMAZING
, on how to do a full 30-day cleanse. This 30-day cleanse will help get your gut super healthy.
Watch the video below to learn how to make your own poo-pori spray.
Behind the Bottle
Lemon Eucalyptus is sourced from Kenya and comes from the leaves of the Lemon Eucalyptus tree, also known as that lemon-scented gum and blue-spotted gum tree. As I have mentioned previously doTERRA follows a sourcing model known as the Co-Impact Sourcing model, which simply means sourcing the best, while helping the most. In order to produce optimal Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil the leaves of the trees need plenty of sun and grow best in hot, humid, tropical environments.
Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil is harvested by cutting down the entire tree, this allows new shoots to grow the next year. The leaves are gathered for distillation, once the tree has been cut down.
- People empowered with sourcing jobs: 891
- Estimated lives supported: 3207
Quote from Outgrower:
“My name is Philomena Chonyi, and I come from Mivumoni (in Kwale County, Kenya). I joined the outgrowers program in 2016, and I’m happy to testify I have experienced tremendous change in my livelihood since I joined the program. For example, I used to live in a palm leaf–thatched house, but now I’ve managed to upgrade to corrugated iron sheets. I’ve also added pillars to my house to make it stronger. I will continue to work with [doTERRA sourcing partners] because they have empowered me economically—my kids are now able to attend school.”
Click the link below to learn more about the growers of Lemon Eucalyptus and the impact doTERRA has had on their community.
The doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation® has funded numerous projects in Kenya, including:
- The construction of additional classroom and restroom facilities at Kiwegu Primary School.
- The construction of a school library, water storage, staff room, restrooms, and teacher living quarters at Mwamose Primary school, as well as providing scholarship support.
- The construction of Mwena River Bridge, which allows the community and school children to cross the local river.
- The construction of Majengo Mapya Kindergarten school.
- The construction of a community center.
- Indigenous culture and health trainings for 2,000 school children.
- Colobus Conservation, which provides education about and helps with the reforestation of indigenous trees.
- Mwamose Water Point—a community borehole and water tower.
- The Water Maintenance Trust Fund, which does ongoing research and maintenance on community water sources.
Just in 2021, the following programs and initiatives have been carried out:
- Days for Girls Kits were sent to 1,000 girls in Lunga Lunga.
- 6,000 people were supported with water connection to Kiwegu.
- 2,000 students were supported with water connection to schools.
- 12 students were supported with scholarships. These scholarships paid for tuition and school expenses in secondary schools.
- 80 girls were supported with Girls on Fire leadership training.
When you purchase Lemon Eucalyptus essential oil from doTERRA you get to be a part of the positive impact doTERRA is making in Kenya. You get a say in where your money goes and be part of the Co-Impact Sourcing model. doTERRA allows you to participate in conscious consumerism when you purchase their essential oils.
Are you interested in learning how to continue to live a toxin and chemical free life?
Sign up for my free eCourse below.
Other Articles You May Enjoy